Wednesday 22 August 2012

First Arrival - Extract from 'Facets of Thai Diamonds'



David called Mike from the airport.  “Hi, I know I’m a couple of days early but I finished in Singapore and decided I may as well come and see what’s going on in Pattaya.  I’m staying at a hotel called Golden Orchid.  I doubt it’s golden, but it’s cheap whilst I sort things out.  Mum said she didn’t want me around the house, not that she knows I’m here yet.  Want to meet me for dinner tonight about five.  We can eat at or near the hotel.”
“Sure.  I’ll tell Rot he’s missing out on his normal fare tonight, I’ll bring him along and we can exchange family news.  Do you have an address, it’s not a name I know.”
“It says Beach Road Soi 4.”
“We’ll find it.  See you at five.”
Mike found somewhere to park near the hotel and they met David in the bar.
“David, meet Rot.  Rot, David is my youngest nephew, the gay one.  Let’s eat here. It can’t be as bad as some of the places round here.  If you are awake, and hungry, later we can have a snack.  I assume you are joining us this evening.”
“Yes, if you’ll help me find another hotel tomorrow.  I think ‘golden’ refers to the fact that the bed sheets are fifty years old.”
Rot sat listening as David and Mike chatted.  He suggested another beer and that they got the menu and ordered some food.  Mike went to the toilet.
“So David, what you want to do when you are here?  At least until Judy finds you some jobs to do!”
“Relax, have some fun and get to know my new uncle and family and friends.”
“What fun?  Do you want a boy?”
Mike returned at that point.  “Don’t worry, we won’t tell your mother, not that I think she cares any longer.  And get used to the guys, they aren’t shy!”
David laughed and pulled out a brown envelope from his pocket.  “Dad sent me some photos, what was going on.”
Rot grinned. “Oh that’s house rules, but we didn’t let Steve and Judy go beyond swimming suits.”
“Uncle Mike, what have you and Rot done to my mother?”
“Either call me Mike, or Rot ‘Uncle Rot’.  We haven’t done anything.  I think retirement, and Thailand, happened.  Rot explain about house rules and how it started.”
Rot finished by saying that normally Mike was naked as well.
“Is there anything else I should know, mum and dad have kept everyone in the dark about the plans.  I know that there is a wedding on Christmas day; we were all given a list of stuff to bring, and were told that Rot would sort out the wedding outfits.  Other than that we are expecting a usual, boring family Christmas.”
Mike laughed.  “One thing is certain, it won’t be a normal family Christmas, and I doubt you’ll be bored.  You know that you, Stephen and Richard are alone with us when the rest go to Udon before Christmas and we plan a few nights out, but you’ll have to accept visiting a few lady bars.  After Christmas we are bringing the kids down for two nights whilst you old ones stay in Udon.  The Udon crew has suggested you might want to visit Laos.  Tonight we will spend at the bar and Rot will introduce you to the rest of the Pattaya part of your new family.  Rot tell him the rest.”
“The wedding is actually six gay weddings, we are making three TV documentary series and Steve is organising the New Year Street party in the Sois.  Just a normal few weeks.  Have you seen the DVD’s?”
David shook his head.
“We’ll show you tomorrow at the house.  Steve and I are on the board of the TV production company we have set up.  We are producing the three series.  We are also the cameramen.”
Rot turned to Mike and looked.
Mike laughed.  “Whatever.”  He told David that that look meant he had to agree or face nights without sex.
“I don’t care what Judy says, David should come and stay with us, at least until the others arrive.  As long as he doesn’t mind a mattress on the floor in the living area, and who knows we might even all get together and drink after work, Farang Rules.”  Mike looked at him.  “We invented a new rule.  Farang Rules means underwear optional.”
“Is that ok uncle?”
“As Judy had been photographed removing my boyfriends underwear I am past caring.  If do want sex, the guys will help you find someone.  Judy only said no Thai girls.  And I told you, I’m Mike.”
Rot handed David a piece of paper.  “Just so you know I am not the smallest, but don’t show Judy.  Oh and we took part in an undercover police operation that resulted in the arrest of a group of guys who like their boys young.  I’ll get some more beers.  By the way, how old are you?”
“Thirty-seven, why?
“A bit young for me then.  Maybe Rit and Oot.”
David asked Mike if he was sure, now that Rot wasn’t there, about him staying.
Mike nodded.  “And don’t be surprised if the others ask you to share their room.  When the Udon crew is down, we bunk up where we can.  And if I tell you that all this has happened since I moved to Pattaya in September, you’ll understand why I say that you are unlikely to be bored.”
“Fine I’ll move in tonight.  I’m not sure I could sleep here.  As for sex, if I see someone I like I’ll talk to Rot.”

No comments:

Post a Comment